- Melting chocolate1 1/4 Cups
- Infused Coconut Oil2 Tablespoons
- Strawberries2 pkgsThe larger and redder the better. Around Valentines Day they often have strawberries with stems these are premium.
1. First things first prepare your strawberries by sticking a toothpick inconspicuously under the green leaves. Take a piece of styrofoam and place it to the side you will use this styrofoam to stick the toothpicks into after dipping the strawberries so they will be beautiful 360 degrees. Please them back in the fridge this will help the chocolate shell harden faster and more uniformly.
2. In a doubler or the microwave slowly melt chocolate.
3. As chocolate melts add infused coconut oil slowly.
3. When chocolate is infused with coconut oil remove strawberries from the fridge and start dipping them into chocolate
4. Stick the toothpick strawberries into the styrofoam and place back in the fridge to keep fresh and minimize sweating.
Hot chocolate and oil can burn please use the correct protective equipment during handling.
Be sure to make chocolate covered strawberries within 48 hours of the date of proposed consumption for optimal results and satisfaction.
DO NOT over heat chocolate
DO NOT allow water to get in it from double boiler (water is chocolates arch nemesis)
DO NOT add so much oil the chocolate looks oily.